2018 MakerFest | Save The Date
What to see
- Employer exhibits accepting applications and resumes
- Tech demonstrations showcasing company innovations
- Equipment & video presentations
- Interactive displays
November 1 – 3 | Oakley Lindsay Center | 300 Civic Center Plaza | Quincy, IL
Thursday, November 1 | 4:00 p – 6:00 p
– B2B Social Networking & hosted bar** – Sponsored by HomeBank
– Part 1 of S.T.E.A.M. competition for high school students
Friday, November 2, 2018 | 9:00a-1:30p
– Student Open House: Students from regional high schools visit with businesses and learn about future opportunities
Saturday, November 3, 2018 | 9:00a-12:00p
MakerFest open to the public
– Part 2 of S.T.E.A.M. competition
– S.T.E.A.M. activities for K – 8th grade students
– Job Fair for job seeking adults
**All businesses are invited to attend the HomeBank Business to Business social networking & hosted bar.
Share | Facebook Event
We are seeking businesses to participate in the Tri-State MakerFest.
Showcase your business and different opportunities to students and area job seekers. Businesses are encouraged to provide a demonstration, or interactive display to promote and educate the public on your industry and expertise.
– Set up a tech demonstration to showcase your company’s innovations,
– Set up a display of equipment, robotics or video presentation,
– Present something interactive,
– Staff and employer exhibit for students & job seekers. Here you can promote available opportunities, discuss skills needed, take applications and/or accept resumes,
SIGN UP | Business Participation Form
Great River Economic Development Foundation, John Wood Community College, Workforce Innovation Board of Western IL, West Central Region Education for Employment System #240 / QAVTC.
See what happened last year!