Great River Economic Development Foundation has been a driving force in Quincy, and Adams County, Illinois since 1978. Our number one priority is to retain existing businesses and help them grow. We assist prospective businesses, site consultants and entrepreneurs. We also take the lead in a variety of initiatives that contribute to the outstanding quality of life we enjoy here. And as our name “Great River” implies, we collaborate regionally with our neighbors along the Mississippi River in Western Illinois, Northeast Missouri and Southeast Iowa.
Our services are confidential. Our objective is to address retention issues and expedite the development process. This may include providing a basic demographic report or detailed site information, referring you to a contact in our community, or arranging meetings with appropriate parties at the local, county and state levels to help you achieve your goals.
We hope you will find the information on this website helpful, but it is our sincere belief that relationships matter. We welcome the opportunity to meet and talk with you personally. Please Contact Us.
GREDF exists to maintain and improve the economic vitality of Quincy and Adams County, Illinois through the retention and expansion of existing businesses and the attraction of new businesses to our communities.
We do this by:
- Assisting businesses with expansion plans
- Servicing the capital, workforce and infrastructure needs of existing businesses
- Promoting our area to prospective businesses and site consultants
- Acting as a liaison between the business community and local, state and national resources
- Bringing businesses together to encourage regional communication and collaboration
- Coordinating and supporting business and entrepreneurship development programs
- Cultivating a strong labor pool
- Promoting a robust and diverse economy to further enhance the region’s quality of life
We view economic development as a collaborative process, resulting in an environment that benefits the community, as well as business. To that end, we place a high value on partnerships and welcome the opportunity to work with businesses and organizations for the good of our entire region.