2019 Tri-State MakerFest
What to see
Employer exhibits accepting applications and resumes
Tech demonstrations showcasing company innovations
Equipment & video presentations
Wednesday, October 2
Oakley Lindsay Center | 300 Civic Center Plaza | Quincy, IL
Wednesday, October 2 | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
9:00 AM | Student Open House
1:30 PM | Open to the Public
Join us for the next Tri-State MakerFest
Celebrating Manufacturing, Logistics & Skilled Trades + S.T.E.A.M. Competition
- Student Open House: Students from regional high schools visit with businesses and learn about future opportunities
- S.T.E.A.M Competition | Sponsored by Ameren Illinois
- Part 1 – S.T.E.A.M. bridge building competition where guests vote on aesthetics.
- Part 2 – S.T.E.A.M. bridge will be tested
Participating school classes & their engineer coach
See employer exhibits accepting applications & resumes, tech demonstrations showcasing company innovations, equipment & video presentations and interactive displays.
Participating Businesses & Organizations
Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences
Dot Foods | Dot Foods Careers
Hollister Whitney Elevator Corp
Knapheide Manufacturing | Knapheide Truck Equipment
Manchester Tank & Equipment Company
Operating Engineers Local 965
Peoria Area Electrical JATC
Phibro Animal Health
Local Union 25 Plumbers and Pipefitters
Quincy Area Vocational Technical Center
Sparks Maintenance Contracting
Titan International | Goodyear Farm Tires
Workforce Innovation Board
We are seeking businesses to participate in the Tri-State MakerFest.
Showcase your business and different opportunities to students and area job seekers. Businesses are encouraged to provide a demonstration, or interactive display to promote and educate the public on your industry and expertise.
– Set up a tech demonstration to showcase your company’s innovations,
– Set up a display of equipment, robotics or video presentation,
– Present something interactive,
– Staff and employer exhibit for students & job seekers. Here you can promote available opportunities, discuss skills needed, take applications and/or accept resumes,
Registration is Closed | Contact: Angela Caldwell – CaldwellA@gredf.org
S.T.E.A.M. Competition Sponsor
Great River Economic Development Foundation, John Wood Community College, Workforce Innovation Board of Western IL, West Central Region Education for Employment System #240 / QAVTC.
See what happened previous years!