Tri-State Global Commerce Network
Networking Opportunity for Individuals & Organizations Interested in Global Commerce
[share] As a result of recent discussions with Dan Chevelier of Gardner Denver and John Macdonald of Broadcast Electronics there is currently an effort underway to gauge the level of interest in starting an informal professional organization to exchange ideas, host presentations, and address topics related to international sales, import and export compliance, international finance, and other aspects of global commerce, initially meeting in Quincy. The idea would be to meet in an informal atmosphere once a quarter to start. Speakers, mentors, and other educational resources are available.
– Getting started in overseas markets.
– Finding and developing distributors overseas.
– International logistics and freight forwarders.
– Developing and documenting an Import and Export Compliance Program.
– Resources for developing international sales- public and private.
– International transaction payment method options.
– Benefits of using Foreign Trade Zones and Subzones
– Trade potential and characteristics of specific countries and regions.
Individuals or companies new to global commerce would be as welcome as seasoned international trade professionals. If you or someone in your organization would find this networking opportunity of value please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information under the email subject line; Tri-State Global Commerce Network.
Once we have a database of interested individuals and organizations, we will propose a date and venue for a kick-off meeting. For more information, please contact Charles Bell at 217.223.4313 or email@example.com.